We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Seal usb turntable

little jack

Likes # 0

Trying to record from my Seal USB turntable i have done so before but now when i press record on Audacity the stero line moves across but does not record . I dont think there is the correct set up from usb to Audacity ? can someone tell me the correct preferences for set up i have Realtek hd audio output .Realtek audio input Wave microsoft 16 bit pcm .How do i select USB AUDIO codec as in Audacity help list(do i require it) I have downloaded Lame v3.98.3for Audacity and think i have exported as Wav but can you please advise me how ,to make sure ?i am on Window xp please note oap so not to good on cumputers . thank you

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Id guess you need to have your usb device set for input not realtek.Which version of Audacity are you using and Lame is only needed if you are going to save as Mp3

Like this post
little jack

Likes # 0

Using Audacity 1.2.6 i need to record the records to go to my media player i think i used lame last time . When i try to record there is only a straight line no peaks or troughs in graph.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"please note oap so not too good on computers " Oi, are you casting aspersions on the rest of us here trying to help? (that's a jokey comment) there's a awful lot of us on here supposedly past our sell by date ;-) and between us we all muddle through so you're in good company.

Have a read of the thread in Speakers Corner 'Are you old enough to remember?' it's about what you were doing when you heard the news that the King was dead 60 years ago.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Ok lets stick with the input prob if you go edit >preferences Then uner the I/O tab do you have your USB device selected for recording if not is it availble in the drop down box .Even more can you hear anything from the usb in any programme

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Lotvic Aye I was in Hospital with appendix and in the bloody ward named after the Kings surgeon good job at 12 didn't see the connection

Like this post
little jack

Likes # 0

Under the IO tab drop down box i cannot see any thing to select usb? it says output = realtek + microsoft mapper input realtek + microsoft mapper +ak537 The only sound i can hear is very soft music coming from the stlus . I do have it set to enable software playthrough .

Like this post
little jack

Likes # 0

OK i now have it working i have to use Microsoft Soundmapper input and output Wiki.adacityteam.org say not to use it so maybe i am not useing Audacity Beta . ? So on to the next stage record and see if i can remember how to export it to Media Player .(i am only sixty nine and do not remember the King dieing but do remember the party for the new Queen )

Like this post
little jack

Likes # 0

Next step have made recording tryed exporting to wave = file export as wave but it has now placed one track over an other so it plays two tracks . What is the best way to tranfer tracks from Audacity to my media player .

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Whilst wav is the better mp3 is usually adequate .When you export it only means save .I would create a folder first and export to that. Then import to your player If by track do you mean the complete album ie not the LP split into seperate tracks not quite sure what you mean on top of the other track.

Like this post
little jack

Likes # 0

I have recorded an LP all the tracks, exported to wave but when i try to play one track in media player i can hear two tracks from the LP at the same time one over the other .

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...