We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

firefox download history list doesnt show any contents?

theDarkness
Resolved

Likes # 0

for example-if I right click on an image in firefox, select 'save image as' and then hit the enter key at my preferred location (or simply click on 'save'), the download history folder will then appear on screen automatically, but the image that I have downloaded will automatically disappear from this list in less than half a second. I think firefox has been set to an automatically clear this download history list, or not to show history. Does anyone know where the setting is, so it does not automatically clear? Thanks

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

You probably have the 'Private Browsing' enabled denoted by a purple box in upper left hand corner

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Similar Problem in this thread and this may help Firefox downloads

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

Thanks, but in firefox privacy options, 'private browsing mode' is off, and 'remember download history' is on. There is no purple box showing in the browser. 'Clear history when firefox closes' is also off. Perhaps the auto clear for download history is a bug that cannot be undone without editing the firefox related registry settings-updating and reinstalling firefox makes no difference

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

edit - it seems to be back to normal now, it was auto clearing for a couple of months at least, but Ive simply switched to 'remember history' and turned privacy mode on and then back off again. Either one seems to have done the trick. If it happens again then Ill know its likely a common bug (or this system playing up). Firefox must have been simply stuck on one setting for no particular reason. Thanks

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good