We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to convert .wlmp files and burn to DVD

john bunyan
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have w7 ultimate, with MCE. I sometimes record a tv show and although it takes a time, can burn it to DVD that plays in my other DVD player, by using the MCE to burn / convert the TV. I wanted to edit out adverts, so I downloaded Windows Live Movie Maker, and managed to edit adverts out. Then came the problem. I have not found how to convert the edited tv show and burn it to a DVD that can be viewed on my other DVD player. I tried Roxio copy and convert, but it did not recognise the .wlmp file. Is there any free software to do this? I am aware of VideoRedo but I need this relatively infrequently.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

The wlmp file is a project file, not a video. You need to open it in WLMM and save the movie.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

rdave13. Thanks; trying it now- I think it has to be saved to the PC HD first rather than straight to a DVD. I do not understand why TV recording etc on a PC is so much more complicated than on my DVD recorder(s) where I can create chapters of the adverts than delete them.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It will save as WMV format. Try DVD flick. It's a free program to convert files to play on DVD players. Having problems with BT line and internet drops so I can't reply often. Engineer supposed to come tomorrow.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

rdave13Thank you so much. It converted ok but no sound after burning to DVD, will have a look at DVD Flic.Hope you get your BT line sorted.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

While I'm still online have a look here

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Thanks again. I will study the whole matter in the next few days. The DVD was playing at about double speed so maybe that was why the sound was not on, but I need to do more homework on the whole subject!!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

thre's a good pdf to download under the 'guide' tab

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

rdave13. Update. I had another look at WLMM and my project. Whilst editing out the adverts on the TV show, I ran the file at quite high speeds (x2;x16 etc) At the end I think I left one of these in the speed box when closing. I have had another look and re saved it a x1 speed an the sound is back. I am now using Windows DVD maker to burn to disk and will report back when finished. The burn seems to take a long time. Thanks again for your input!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

BT line sorted today, at last. Fault 880 metres away from house, so no cost, thankfully. Line needs to stabilize before getting back to speed they say.

Never used Windows DVD maker so I hope it goes OK.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made