We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lost Passwords

bringtheswagback

Likes # 0

I use google chrome and the passwords are not available on the under the hood option even when i know i clicked saved and i need to find out the password to a particular site, however the email i signed up with became hacked a while ago so i was asking is it possible to recover all passwords that i have used on my laptop even if not stored in the manage password area. Some help would be really appreciated. x

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Never used it but have a look here.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

I thought that the passwords were under personal stuff in chrome,That's where mine are?.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Unlike Firefox I don't think that you can view the actual password in Chrome.

SIW will show some passwords.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Just a thought didn't you have the password written down on paper suerly you mus have a backup of all you passwords??

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

If you Install LastPass, it asks to go and get all your passwords that it can find and keep them in the 'Vault'.

When you login to LastPass and open your Vault, you can Edit any of your sites and Show Password.

(Write down your Master Password and keep somewhere convenient but away from computer.)

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

LastPass is the best Password Manager I have found, I also can recommend it. I use it as a Firefox Addon. I believe it will work with other browsers but do not know how to install it.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

This is an OLD Thread - nearly 2 months old and original Thread starter has never responded to any posts. A spam post brought thread up (FE has deleted the spam post) Don't waste your time with further advice.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......