We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Send and receive BT Yahoo emails from Windows Live Mail

Pineman100
Resolved

Likes # 0

A friend has asked me how he can set up his Vista computer so that his emails in BT Yahoo can be managed from Windows Live Mail.

He has no existing POP3 email account.

Can anyone help, please?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Like this post  
Pineman100

Likes # 0

Thanks very much indeed, Woolwell. I searched Yahoo help several times and failed to bring up that! No idea why.

I'm most grateful.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Apologies for contradicting Woolwell's advice but here's where you'll find how to setup BT Yahoo in an e-mail client.

Click the "Set up my e-mail" button, go through the questions in the wizard and you'll find the relevant instructions - there's even a feature to automatically setup Windows Live Mail.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Ah - BT as opposed to Yahoo. Thanks Secret-Squirrel.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today