We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I think I've been hacked

wildhouse

Likes # 0

I have a message on one of my tabs saying that I have been hacked by Destroyer. Can anyone advise what I should do? This is the first time this has happened in over 15 years of computer use.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'm not aware of that threat. Are you sure that it isn't one of these spam pages to get you to buy anti-virus/reg cleaner.

You fail to mention which browser (I assume that the tab is on a browser), which OS and what anti-virus/malware you have.

You should immediately run a full anti-virus scan preferably in safe mode. If you haven't already got it then I suggest you run Malwarebytes.

Like this post
wildhouse

Likes # 0

Thanks for your reply. I use more than one browser at once - the one that the message came up on was Google Chrome. When I closed down I had 2 tabs open - one was Facebook and the other www.christymoore.com; when I logged back in Facebook was as normal but christymoore.com had become destroyer.dk with the whole page telling me I have been hacked by D3$TROY3R. I use Windows 7 and run Avast. I ran Adaware which detected ilividsetupv1.exe Family Name: Win32.PUP.Bandoo[800] Engine: 1 Clean status: Success Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0 MD5: ba6b38dc8be9ab5365b8599d8b826dfa. I also ran Windows Defender which found nothing. I have cleared my browsing history and clicked on delete all cookies when closing.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 1

Don't panic, it's not your pc that's been hacked, it's the webpage you visited has been hacked to redirect you to destoyer.tk/ he thinks he is very clever, but he is just a pain. Ting tong, ting tong. Still the music is quite nice.... and I suppose it will keep the websites Admin busy tightening their security.

Firefox stops the page redirecting, but if I click on 'allow' I see the 'Hacked By D3$TROY3R' page.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

If you're having redirect problems, try running the TDSS Killer from Kaspersky (free).

Like this post
wildhouse

Likes # 0

Thanks, all - will try and let that website know of the problem as I would like to access it again!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I think it's fixed now, because I don't get the message from Firefox asking me to 'Allow' and www.christymoore.com displays ok.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

or maybe not all of the site is cleaned up yet, when I click on Lyrics for A pair of brown eyes, where the lyrics should have been, It said 'Hacked by alvaro para el lamm.............. lammer :) but rest of page seemed to be ok.

Like this post
wildhouse

Likes # 0

Thanks - it's not a site I would expect to have a huge following (although he is very popular!) so an odd site for a hacker to choose.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback