We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Auto Sign In PCA ?

Input Overload
Resolved

Likes # 0

A while ago a small script was posted on here that auto signed you in to PCA & to the desired forum. I know you can do this by retaining cookies, but I'm one of these people that delete cookies each day. Anyone know how to do this? Info was added to your bookmark & it required adding your email & password to it?

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

I use:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/login/?action=login&email=YOUREMAILADDRESS&password=YOURPASSWORD

You then just have to click the LOGIN button to submit the form (unlike on the old website which put you all the way through)

Like this post  
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Doesn't work with the new site you will need to retain the PCA cookie

What are you using to clear cookies?

In CCleaner you can put the PCA cookie into cookie to keep section. any in this section are kept all others are deleted.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

CCleaner, I'll save the cookie, thanks for help... :-)

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If using Firefox use Security saved passwords.

You still need to sign in but just a matter of clicking on e-mail when you sign in and your e-mail and password should show automatically.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

Using a link using the URL format I've shown currently works fine in the way I've said with both IE7 & Google Chrome

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes