We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

google chrome

woodchip

Likes # 0

where are favorites in the above browser

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

They are called bookmarks. Do you mean where they are located or which button to click on? This should help How to use Chrome and the right hand column.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

The star at the right hand end of the URL entry box allows you to select the current site as a bookmark, giving you the option to a) put it on your bookmarks bar (just below where you type the URL), b) put it in 'other bookmarks', and c) edit its name (a useful feature if you want to maximise the number of bookmarks that are immediately available through a single click from your bookmarks bar).

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

Chrome stores its bookmarks in a single text file called Bookmarks in C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. IE (at least up to IE8) stores each favorite as an Internet Shortcut file under its Favorites path (I've got over 1,000 of the little blighters).

If you want to keep Chrome & IE in sync, you need to export / import each time. A right pain.

BTW, I find Chrome's bookmark handling poor. I've installed the Neat Bookmarks extension, which still uses the same data but presents the bookmarks in a much more useable fashion.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Sorted?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK