We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Physical Memoery

swanny2

Likes # 0

every now n again when im doing something on my pc all of a sudden it stops,this blue screen pops up with a oad of test on it ,then at the bottom of the page it says/ Beginning Dump of Physical Memory.thsi alst for about 30 secs then my Pc reboots and is back too normal. ive no idea what this is for or does but it is annoying if im doing something onmy Pc then this interups it. Any thoughts guys please appreciated.thankyou. :O)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Ah the infamous 'Blue Screen of Death'

A little more detail of your pc specs would help and what Op Sys do you have?

Can you try to get some detail of the stop error that is on the blue screen.

Meanwhile browse through these google search results ClickHere

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

Yeah, drink some beers, it's the week-end

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Thank you markd71, Cheers, hope you are coping ok with your hangover this snowy Sunday morning ;-)

Like this post
swanny2

Likes # 0

cheers Otvic,at least you have something descent too help me not like some Alkis in here. lol. Im on Xp,and i cant see the screen until it happens again. i will read them details you sent . cheers.

Like this post
swanny2

Likes # 0

Just looking at the details you sent me.the text on the blue screen looks very similar messages of what i get,at the bottom of the screen when i get it u can see it dumpong physical memory on a counter,then it stops after a few seconds then reboots.thats about all i can explain really. thanks again. :O)

Like this post
swanny2

Likes # 0

ogh well i turned it off in msconfig,seems too have stopped it. ty. :O)

Like this post
swanny2

Likes # 0

ogh well i turned it off in msconfig,seems too have stopped it. ty. :O)

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Right Click My Computer then Manage, Look for Event Viewer look for Errors on different pages and click them to get more info. it may help

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow