We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Formatting Avery labels

brambles

Likes # 0

I do a lot of mail merging to produce a file for printing off Avery labels which is fairly straightforward. However I do have a presentation problem because the name/address always starts in the top left hand corner of the label. Obviously it needs to be left aligned. I want the address to be away from the left edge and down from the top more. Anyone know how I can get the address central - not centre aligned.

Thanks

Brambles

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

What program are you using to do the mail-merge?

Like this post
brambles

Likes # 0

wiz king I am using Microsoft Word 2007 - I have no problems doing it only the aesthetics of the printed appearance I am not satisfied with.

Thanks for responding

Brambles

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

On the first label, on the home tab on the ribbon you can use the normal word editing features to indent, centre, etc. To move it down a bit, highlight the first line only, choose paragraph and then increase the number pts in spacing before until you are satisfied. Remember after you have set up the first label to click on update labels.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

To move the whole labels text over a bit you can highlight the text then format > paragraph > indent all.( I am not sure if the exact wording - I dont use Office 2007 but have 2003 and they moved things about for 2007!)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Basically same as wiz-king

I'm also using Word 2003 and this is how I do it:

I go to Edit dropdown menu and choose 'Select All' or can put cursor inside one cell and Ctrl+A (hold down Crtl and press A on keyboard)

on Format Menu: click on 'Reveal Formatting' and a pane opens on the righthand side, at the bottom I tick the box for 'Show all formatting marks' so I can see where name & address will be in each label cell. (or can click on top toolbar icon that looks like a reversed letter P)

In the pane on the right and under 'Paragraph' I can click on 'Alignment' to alter it and also can click on 'Indentation' to alter the space between label edge and text.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'