We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ipod hiss

Bike-it

Likes # 0

I used to have the old Ipod nano which Apple recalled and replaced it with the new nano 6th generation. I used to plug the old one into the Aux plug on my car and it was brilliant, but the new one has a very bad hissing interference coming through the car speakers when it is plugged into the Aux plug, anyone offer any help please?

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

I got one replaced by Apple a while ago but haven't tried it in my car's Aux plug yet, will borrow it from my kid next time in the car to see if I got the same problem.

Will let you know.

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

Not sure what system you've got in your car, the new iPod Nano works very well in mine but I needed 2 cables though.

One normal USB iPod adapter cable to plug into the in car USB port & another 3.5mm male to male jack to plug into both the headphone output port of the Nano as well as the in car Aux input socket.

However if I unplug the 3.5mm jack then it won't play very well with a hissing noise too.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features