We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kaspersky Activation Problem

ponytail

Likes # 0

I have just purchased Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 version 12.0.0.374 and am trying to activate it the problem is the activation code contains two symbols which are not on the keyboard.I have never sen these symbols before so not sure what to do.At present I have no anti virus as what I did have had to be removed to install Kaspersky any ideas.Thank's

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There activation code is normally a mixture of letters and numbers. Suggest you contact Kaspersky.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Open character map on your system and see if you can see these symbols. I suspect that the e-mail that you have received may be corrupt.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Woolwell when you the enmail I received might be corrupt I have not had a email the activation code is printed on the quick start guide in the box.How do I open character map have not used that before.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

All Programs - Accessories - System Tools for character map.

Haven't bought Kaspersky for a while as I get it free with online banking and I get an e-mail for activation.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Again Woolwell have just found the following. http://www.nomorehistory.com/character_map.html but when I go into accessories there is no character map there

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

See my previous post.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Found character map it was in system tools in accessories and have found a symbol very similar but not sure if it is the right one.Cannot work out how to get it into the activation box.Have clicked select and then copy but seem unable to get it to paste any more ideas.Thanks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

CTRL-V should paste the symbol.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

I find it unlikely that they'd use such a character in the activation code. Are you sure you're looking at the right code and it's not just a letter with some ink missing?

Perhaps you could take a photo of the offending character and show us, but if you do make sure you blank out most of the code so that others can't steal your license!

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

HiD@ve What is the best way of getting a photo for you maybe scan it perhaps

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...