We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help with Android tablet 3.1

kimtrnc

Likes # 0

Sorry if this is the wrong forum - couldn't seem to find one that deals with Android tablets....

Brand new to tablets: can anyone suggest a "proper" manual, or, more specifically at the moment, how can I get my tablet (Motorola Xoom)to talk me through whilst driving? I have the kit, and it seems to understand what i want, but just can't work out how to get verbal instructions.

TIA Kimig

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Assuming that you have the volume up then what app are you using to talk to you? Is it Google Maps or a satnav app?

Like this post
kimtrnc

Likes # 0

Thanks for answering. I am using Google Maps. Only sound I seem to get, sometimes, is loud music. Almost certainly me not doing something I should be. My tablet is definitely supposed to have a facility for speech whilst travelling. NOT satnav.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It's called turn by turn navigation. It should work. Sorry cannot work out what you are doing wrong.

Like this post
kimtrnc

Likes # 0

Thanks for answering. I am using Google Maps. Only sound I seem to get, sometimes, is loud music. Almost certainly me not doing something I should be. My tablet is definitely supposed to have a facility for speech whilst travelling. NOT satnav.

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

Not all Android tablets are the same but some have a place in the Options menu where you can select options like "Voice input and output" or maybe even in the "Accessibility" section

The best place for help is to use some of the android forums try a Google search on "Motorola Zoom support forum" but do try to be carefull where you eventually go to there is a lot of nasty stuff out there

Cheers HC

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia