We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Virtual Mem & Paging File in XP Home SP3 Help

Audio~~Chip
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello

Can someone please help and tell me what the correct Virtual Memory Paging file Minimum & Maximum should be please. I have a 80GB with 2GB Ram on XP SP3 Home.

Thanks in advance

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 1

All you need to know I think. Pagefile.

Like this post  
bremner

Likes # 0

Do not set manual minimum and maximum Just leave Windows to manage the Pagefile itself.

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Thanks for the http Chronus! & bremner !

I adjusted the page file and realised after it was incorrect and couldn't remember what it was originally. The machine which is my daughters keeps giving the Virtual Memory Low in the bottom right thats why after intense virus & Malware checks didn't find anything I change the Virtual Memory

I am printing of as I type the http now chronus

Cheers

Steven.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Receiving the VM low message possibly indicates that the hard drive on which the pagefile sits is very full.

It has always been recommended that for good performance a drive should not use more than 90% of its capacity.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback