We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows reinstall problem

Hrosir
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, I know I have asked this question before so I will apologise now,lol Originally my pc came with Windows XP. After buying a copy of Windows Vista and upgrading everything was fine until the Hdd failed. Wanting to get things up and running as fast as possible I tried to find the xp cd but failed! In my error I used the Upgrade disc on a brand new HDD by mistake and of course the disc will not run as it requires the old opearating system to upgrade! I have tried using the vista full version as well but again no luck as it will not upgrade to less than Vista Ultimate now. pleas ehelp me, I really do not want to pay Microsoft £46 to be told that I cannot do it!!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You don't need the XP cd. Here's how to do it just using the upgrade Vista DVD that you have got. Use Vista’s ‘upgrade’ version to clean-install ClickHere

Like this post  
Hrosir

Likes # 0

Well so far it makes sense, will try it later and post how I got on, thanks,

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room