We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I have accidentally 'Cut' three photos. Where are they?

muddypaws
Resolved

Likes # 0

Basic question: In copying/pasting dozens of photos I have 'cut' instead of 'copied' three photos. I assumed they might have gone to the bin, but no trace there. Can I find them somewhere? They are not very important pictures, but just curious. I was viewing them in XP Home SP3 Picture and Fax viewer. They are still showing there even when I scroll past and back again so I haven't closed the window. They are/were on my external drive that has no restore point, and is the only location for this particular folder. I do have other C drive clones, but not with this one folder in.

Thanks

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

It was a silly question. They were still on my mouse right click, luckily. Apologies.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

still in program memory so use - File - save as - to resave to your ext drive.

they will acutally still e on the drive its just that windows will have wiped the first letter of the file name so windows can not now see them and will use the space they occupy for other files.

A recovery program like Recuva (often on this mags cover dvds) wcan recover the files.. provided it is used before widows writes mor files to the drive and overwrites the space occupied by the file.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ Thanks for that. I do use Recuva, but as per my last post I recovered them from the 'mouse' Now have that folder backed up on to two more drives.

Like this post  
ton

Likes # 0

"I recovered them from the mouse"

That must be the clipboard then.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite