We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop for Video Editing

frybluff
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have been looking to get a better laptop. Whilst I am not into HEAVY gaming, some capability is desirable. My main concern is to be able to "experiment" with video editing. I have looked at various editing software, but, as I'm already using Photoshop Elements 8, for stills, it seems sensible to get PS Premier Elements for video, upgrading both to version 10. In terms of minimum system requirements, my initial thoughts of an i5 laptop, with modest discrete graphics, seems OK. However, I can't help wondering if something better, would be better. There's always a slightly better one, for a few quid more. What I would really appreciate, is for someone, using PSPE, on that sort of rig, to say either "It does everything I throw at it", or "It struggles a bit with some things", otherwise I'll keep upping my spec for ever. I saw a laptop, on ebay, the otherday, with a price of £161,000!! I think that was a typo .... but.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

How about an Acer AMD Phenon Quad Core with dedicated graphics Card? I got one recently and so far pleased with it. I upgraded to 8g DR3 Ram also. Think it costs me £349, memory upgrade extra from Simply Acer if that helps

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

forgot to say it's an acer 5552G in case you are wondering.

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 i7-2670QM 6GB 750GB GT 540M 1GB DVDRW 15.6"W7HP Sony VAIO F23N1E/B i7-2670QM 4GB 640GB GT540M 1GB BluRay W7HP Probably too pricey

Like this post  
rickf

Likes # 0

Correction, my acer costs nearly £450. sorry about previous being misleading.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'