We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Backing Up Home Recorded DVDs With Menus

tburchell

Likes # 0

I wonder if anyone can help me with this....

I have a large amount of self recorded DVDs, recorded with a SONY DVD recorder. All of these discs have been finalised and have a front end menu to navigate around the various recordings on each disc. If I put these discs into any DVD player the menu comes up OK. I am now trying to back these discs up onto an external media drive, but I cant get the front end menu to copy over, so Im unable to navigate the recordings? Any help would be much appreciated. In short I want to see on the back up exactly the same as if the disc was in the DVD player. Kind Regards, Tim.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Imgburn will make an iso file of the whole DVD for backup purposes.

If you want to play the movies on the computer, with menus, from the external drive, I think you can Open With the .ifo file with your Player app. Been a while since I done it.

May not work on all player apps.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

As said Imgburn will make an exact image of the disc as an Iso file then using something like VLC player also free it wil act just like a dvd ready to burn back to dvd if

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger