We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ccleaner

March Wind

Likes # 0

I was trying to help some one clean up and make their PC run faster it is almost at a standstill. They have XP home I thought if I install Ccleaner that should help, but when I tried to download and install it didn't work I got PC reformer something like that, but not Cleaner. When I tried to tell her over the phone what to do she ended up with an icon something like a ring and it was green. Do you know what might have happened.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Try downloading CCleaner from top right here: Sometimes another download gets in the way.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

Thank you very much for the link I hope I have passed it on to the other persons PC and she can download it,

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

You're welcome. Hope it works ok.

Like this post
peter99co

Likes # 0

When downloading these things it is wise to choose Save and send the download to the desktop. This will allow you to check first before opening the file from the desktop to run it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......