We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wrong Email addreslos-dont seem to be able to find - to correct it

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Using my Web mail account to create and send a missive is fine and my correct address appears in the from section. However if I elect to sent a file from FILE/Send link- option my address comes up completely wrong-. So the task is to locate where that address is and edit or deleie it Any ideas?

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

.............."So the task is to locate where that address is"......

That address will be in your default e-mail client (Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird etc). Hopefully you'll know which one it is and then you can go in and edit the properties for the e-mail account in that program.

Like this post
Ashrich

Likes # 0

Probably in whatever email program you have installed as ( usually ) send-to's don't pick up on webmail addresses . Try editing the account in Windows Mail or Outlook Express or whatever you have on your PC .

Ashley
Like this post
Ashrich

Likes # 0

Cross post with Secret Squirrel !!

Ashley
Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Secret Squirrel & Ashrich

That is the problem - This is a Web mail account

I do not use an E-client all addresses are on the Web server there is no 'onboard' address file

Unless you know otherwise

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Assume that when you choose File-Send that you are not using webmail at that time but Windows Explorer or have a list of files open. If so this does not link to webmail (it cannot) but will instead open your default e-mail client and that is where this e-mail address is.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Sparky, when you click the "File" menu and choose "Send link by e-mail", or indeed click any mailto: link on a website or in an e-mail, it will always open your default e-mail client's new-message window.

That's the way it is and there's nothing you can do to make it work with webmail.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Is this the pc with Ubuntu on or is it XP or W7?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes