We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Finding attachments in Outlook Express

TATHS

Likes # 0

I am running Outlook Express on a Win 7 machine in virtual mode. I have a set of JPG files that came in as attachments and that I have saved to the main machine. I don't seem to have saved the original email outside of Outlook Express so I can't determine the full context of the attachments (they just have numbers). Is there any way I can search the Outlook Express database to trace the original email? I have Windows Live installed but am much happier using Outlook Express

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Unless you have deleted the original e-mail then it should be still in your OE inbox.

Like this post
TATHS

Likes # 0

I have around 5000 messages in my inbox and its subfolders. A manual search id going to br very time consuming. Is there any way of automating it

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Click on the Find menu - then search in the Inbox by "From" or "Subject" or particular text in the message/s

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

You can also re-arrange the order of the mails in the Inbox by clicking on the "From" heading - they will all be grouped in alphabetical order. Equally on other headings if required.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You must have some idea of the time frame when it came.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...