We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Contact FE link appears not to work...

mooly

Likes # 0

Tried to contact FE over this last posting, http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/29/windows-8/4096847/anyone-know-release-date-for-w8/

And nothing I try gets the link to open.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Seems the W8 forum has been flooded with spam.

Would it be an idea for new members to have to have to make say 6 postings that had to be moderated first or is that unworkable on a forum such as this ?

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

I also noted this and sent mail to the FE and whilst as yet have recieved no answer I did get the screen stateing my mail had been fowarded.

Re your second post I feel that is a decision for the FE, personaly I feel it would restrict newbes looking for help

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Send an email to our Forum Editor: Your name Your email Your Message: Captcha

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Something new when contacting the FE.That should put a few folk off.

Whatever happened to the direct e-mail link.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Like sharpamat I think this new idea of contacting the FE will stop members and newbies from contacting him.

Reporting spam will be a no no for me anyhow if I have to sign in to that every time.

Not sure if it is only temporary or not.Hope so.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

mooly

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Contact Us.

Click on the FE and it opens your normal e-mail.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

By this "personaly I feel it would restrict newbes looking for help " I actually ment that newbes ( if posts were restricted could feel restricted in joining . Not related to contacting the FE

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

sharpamat

Thanks for the reply.I obviously picked your answer up the wrong way.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Thanks Buteman... found it from your directions.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

I see this has in fact been acted on by the FE with the related posts being removed

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Yes, I noticed that too although the perpetrator still shows as the last person to post.

And also I just clciked the "contact FE" link and find that now opens a web based contact link... which is good.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015