We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

VRO files to ISO

tburchell

Likes # 0

Could someone please help me, I need to copy over a large amount of home recorded DVDs onto my media server. I would like to convert the files (.VRO) to .ISO files without any compression. Could anyone recommend software (free would be great) that would do the job. I am trying out AVS video converter 8.1 but this only works in real time. Is there software that can work a lot faster than this? Any help would be much appreciated. Kind Regards, Tim

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 1

Do you really mean ISO, in case you don't, Freemake Video Converter, a great program. You can get it here PCAdvisor downloads

Like this post
tburchell

Likes # 0

Thank you for your reply. I did mean ISO as I want to create an exact uncompressed copy onto my media drive to play out via my media player on the television. Or is there a better way for me to go?

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 1

Imgburn will make an iso of the DVD containing DVD_RTAV folder with VRO files etc.

Is that what you had in mind? I don't know if your Media Player will play it though. Have a go.

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

You need to convert the file to a different format video file, eg avi. An ISO is a dvd image not a video file.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Are you sure? Or am I missing something?

How to play iso or img files

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

Robinofloxley

Yes, to play on a media player. A PC can use them "they need to be either "mounted" with tools like Daemon Tools or burned to CD or DVD in order to see what files the disc image actually contains" (from your link)

Unless you are streaming from a PC to the media player but it seems a lot of unneccessary trouble.

I didn't know VLC could handle ISO's, I love that program.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do