We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

1.Search forums for FAQ 2. Full backup of Windows XP

toofy

Likes # 0

1. Am unable to locate anywhere to click 'Search' or similar on the forums page. Where on the page should it be?

2. I want to do a full backup. A previous advice was to go to Control, Performance & Management and chose Backup/full backup. I cannot find any reference which gives the option to choose Backup/full backup. The response also mentioned Windows XP Backup & Restore wizard: again I cannot locate it. Help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just above this thread on the right and on the left.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

1. Should be a pale grey box top right of the page in the yellow area. Not very obvious I must say.

2. Will leave to others to answer.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

buteman Crossed there. Apologies.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure if it is something like this you are looking for.

http://www.todo-backup.com/backup-resource/free-computer-backup-software.htm

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

This may be a better version of it.

http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-software.htm

There was a recent update and not sure if that is the latest or not.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Windows XP Backup and/or Restore Wizard can be found by going to Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Backup.

Like this post
toofy

Likes # 0

Re 1: Thanks. Now know to click on the word search which then disappears!

Re 2: Sea Urchin: thanks but my Windows XP gives the following options when I click System Tools: Character Map;Disk cleanup;Disk Fragmntr;Files Settngs Wizd;Scheduled Tasks;System Info;System Restore.
I did not find Backup. Thought you might like to know so you can research if you want to. I have decided to copy stuff on to a memory disk and accept that the PC has won on this occasion. I'm too stressed!

Thank you for everyone who responded, I appreciate the fact that you are willing to try to help seniors & others who get puzzled frequently!

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Hi toofy - I guess you have XP Home edition which doesn't include the Backup facility by default. However you can install it from the disk as follows:

Microsoft backup

If you don't have the disk you can download and install the backup program from here - download the file to your desktop, then double-click it to install.

Download and install

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK