We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Create DVD of still photos with a spoken commentary

Trikie

Likes # 0

What is the easiest way to do this?

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Just create a slideshow in windows moviemaker which you already have add the narration and depending on which version of wmm burn as a dvd video .The older version of wmm cant burn to dvd but thats no loss as you are better using a freebie like dvd flick to do that end of it probably better than the latest wmm at it anyway.If you ned any furthere asisatance just ask

Like this post
Trikie

Likes # 0

Thanks both.

I have tried loading the images into WMM and found the same problem as with Ulead Videostudio. This is that the narration has to be recorded in a part of the timeline that does not contain video.

I need to see each image to ensure that what I say relates to it. Recording blind and then moving the narration to match the image is very hit and miss.

Is there any programme that can record narration whilst viewing the images?

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

Can you watch the video project as it plays back in Ulead or WMM and have the free Audacity installed and your mike plugged in and record your narration whilst watching ?

Isn't this how they synchronise voices in movies like Shrek ?

Save the audio in Audacity, probably as a lowish quality MP3 sound file for speech and add the sound file to the timeline later in Ulead or WMM?

I'm doing my annual dvd at the moment, have a mixture of still pics and movie clips, will be using Audacity audio mp3 files to narrate over the still pics and let the video clips "speak for themselves".

I'm using Serif movie software where I can add as many extra audio lines as I need, obviously being a mixture of still and movie I don't need a continuous one clip narration, as the interspersed video has its own sound.

Can you add extra clips of audio in Ulead, to save having to do the audio recording in one big take? ie, extra audio lines or add more audio clips along the same audio line in Ulead?

enter link description here

enter link description here

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

I've just opened a still photo in WMM and dragged it along the time line to run for 10 seconds, added a mp3 sound clip dragged to the audio/music section of the time line, shortened that clip by dragging back to about two seconds length, then added a second audio clip for a few seconds further along the audio/music timeline.

So looks like you don't have to record the audio all in one take, if it's not convenient in WMM, probably the same in Ulead, certainly is with my Serif product as I mentioned.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I'm with Les28 regarding Serif MoviePlus, you can have as many audio tracks as you like overlaying one with the other or fading them in and out. That's how I make all my slide shows.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure if this is any good but it is free.

http://store.downloadcrew.com/p18876-ashampooslideshowstudio_2010

Like this post
Bapou

Likes # 0

Pictures to Exe has been my preference for photo slideshows for years. Worth downloading for a trial period and if suitable for your requirements you can buy for $75.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Please dont waste money buying anything if you tcan manage the narration with wwm then .Create your show open something like audacity its free start your show in wmm smallscreen and record as and whwn the relevant photos are on screen using audacity .Best to do acontinuos record then when done if anyn noise is present on the silent parts you can silence them in audacity(dont cut ou youll lose the sync). Save (export thattrack as . wave then impor it to wmm should only need one lining up then your ready to bur save and burn

Note nowt wrong with the suggested slide makers just not need for a basic show

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features