We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lost wireless capability following installation of Windows 7

JanLon

Likes # 0

I have returnd my laptop (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 2727) to factory setting, increased the memory and installed Windows 7. Wireless was working fine until I installed Windows 7. Everything works fine on the Ethernet cable, the usual way of turning on the wireless connection using Fn+F1 is not working. Any ideas..??

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

If you have replaced a previous version of Windows with Windows 7, have you installed suitable new drivers for the Wireless Network Adapter? It may also be the case that the Laptop's original software included something to allow Fn+F1 to enable WiFi and that element is no longer present.

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

Looks like Fujitsu have drivers support for Vista on this laptop (Vista drivers mostly work well on Win7)

Can I suggest you look first in the Tools and Utilities section the Launch Manager may well be the utility you need to enable the Fn+F1 keys on off toggle

There is also a step by step upgrade guide to Win7

http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/ShowFiles.asp

Cheers HC

Like this post
Routers4Humans

Likes # 0

Hi JanLon,

This is a very common problem in Technical world as when we try to upgrade or downgrade our Operating System, the way the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)doesn't recommend.

Well, I would suggest you to look for the compatible drivers, which is more or less the reason that your computer has lost the wireless capability. One of the example, should be like this: http://drp.su/drivers/notebooks/v=Fujitsu%20Siemens&m=AMILO%20La1703&id=97&l=en

Let me know, if this works or not........

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

The above post is for Vista as could not find windows 7 but when I was testing the beta of windows 7 most things worked on the vista drivers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers