We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printing from an iPad. How do you do it?

Migwell

Likes # 0

A relation was given an iPad for Christmas and wants to know how to print from it any ideas please

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Don't know a great deal about the iPad but take a look here for starters - enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

More here enter link description here although it appears you need an AirPrint enabled printer

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You could also choose from this list - some videos on You Tube at bottom of page MAY help enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There is also a program called PRINTOPIA - scroll down to find post from paulhinz and a link to it. enter link description here

I am sorry I can't advise any further on how to print from your iPad as I don't own one - maybe someone who does will follow up with some information for you - in the meantime I hope that my links help you.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It depends on the printer. You cannot print to most older printers. However many modern printers permit printing wirelessly by downloading an app or by sending an email to the printer. I couldn't print from iPad until I got a new printer.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The app is specific to the brand of printer. I have an Epson.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

PRINTOPIA That is for MAC.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You need to see if the printer supports iPrint.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

If you don't have a wireless printer you can email the image or whatever as an attachment to yourself & print it via your wired printer. Most new printers have wireless capability so it wont be an issue forever.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It's not purely wireless capability on a printer but it does have to have iprint or eprint.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...