We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

p5b-vm se Motherboard Maximum Upgrades.

evolucions

Likes # 0

Hi all, I have a p5b-vm se Motherboard and am wanting advice on what recommendations would make a good (and also top) spec upgrade (CPU, RAM and Graphics Card. I am also running the following:

Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz

4gb 4 x 1gb DDR PC2-6400 (x2) DDR PC2-5300

500BG Seagate HDD

GeForce 8600 GT 1.5gb

Windows 7 Ultimate

I am now wanting to take it to the 30th Century, without costing me a remortgage hopefully.

Many thanks in advance.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There are not many processors supported by all motherboards but below are some list of few processors that can physically fit into the socket LGA775. So, if you are upgrading an old computer system then check that CPU is compatible with your motherboard.

•Celeron 400 series - 1.6 GHz - 2.2 GHz - Celeron 450 •Celeron D 2.4 GHz - 3.6 GHz - Celeron D 365 •Celeron Dual-Core 1.6 GHz - 2.6 GHz - Celeron Dual-Core E3400 •Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz - 3.33 GHz - Core 2 Duo E8600 •Core 2 Extreme 2.66 - 3.2 GHz - Core 2 Extreme QX9770 •Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz - 3 GHz - Core 2 Quad Q9650

Check this LINK for the Maximum amount and supported RAM speed that your mobo will take - you could add more enter link description here

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Click on CPU support list.Asrock.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do