We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I want to add an extra USB3 4 port Card, what type

Migwell
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a HP P6324uk computer and have run out of USB ports at the back by having two printers and a scanner plus other equipment. I need to add a further card to add some more USB sockets. The problem is I have lost touch with the latest thinking and I am now at a loss as to what type of connection card I should order. The socket on the mother board is about 1.25" long and is black, what should I buy and is it worth buying USB3. I run Win 7 with 4Gig of memory

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Is this the one? link?

Your PSU is only 300W and you have 3 pci-express x 1 slots.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Some here.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Or get yourself a powered USB hub. A few here but there are plenty of others out there. Powered hubs.

Like this post
Migwell

Likes # 0

Hi, rdave13 yes that is the one, I had not seen sockets that small before and wondered what they were called. Now I know I will have a look around and see what I can come up with. I feel the card is the better option against a hub as my pc is on a sliding shelf under my desk and can very easly be pulled out for access to the rear and the sockets on the card.

Thanks again for that, I have not seen that page on my computer before and I have coppied and pasted into word to keep for future reference which will be of great help.

Migwell

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide