We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Photoshop CS3 Text

brambles

Likes # 0

I am not satisfied with the appearance of my text in Photoshop and is nowhere as crisp & clean as Microsoft Word. I created a couple of paragraphs in Word Font Century Gothic and copied it. I then opened the complicated Photoshop file - created a text box and pasted it in. The pasted paragraphs looked average appearance but also an element of stretched text. I don't remember having this problem before and it seems to have occured since reinstalling Photoshop onto my new computer.

Am I missing something in the Paragraph settings?

Brambles

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Could this be a Resolution problem. Just doing a few checks suggests that the PS file should be around 240-300 PPI, then the pasted text looks ok. Well on my PC it does.

Just curious as to why you would create the text in Word, when PS has it's own text tool.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

This may be worth a try,on the text toolbar there is a drop down menu where you can select one of the following. None Sharp Crisp Strong Smooth

I have Photoshop CS2,I am presuming it will be the same in CS3. Do you get the same problem if you type the text or is it when you have copied/pasted?

Like this post
Drum

Likes # 0

If you are pasting into CS3, are you using the clipboard canvas? This has a default resolution of 72 ppi. Change that to something like 300ppi, and the text will be a LOT sharper.

Like this post
brambles

Likes # 0

I do appreciate the trouble that Drum, hssutton & tonyq have gone to in responding to my query. The problem was caused by me having a figure of 160% for text width on the Paragraph tab. By altering it back to 100% everything was corrected.

The reason I paste text into my Photoshop is because I receive a lot from different sources which has to be incorporated into a design. It saves me hours of having to input the material by retyping it all again.

Thanks

Brambles

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......