We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Media Player

krh

Likes # 0

I am having a problem with Windows 7 Media Player, it only plays some of my tracks on my computer and it will not let me delete any old tracks or albums from the media player itself! I have put all my music libraries in my Windows 7 Media Player via: Organize/ Music Libraries/Music but it will not play all of the tracks and in some cases it will play say 50% of a C D and not the rest. Question; is there a way I can remove Media Player and reinstall it, as it looks a mess and it will not function correctly?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

See here enter link description here Also - have you got the latest Codecs pack installed?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

Have you tried Microsoft's Fix it Solution Center, or Fix it Center Online. Claimed to find and fix Media Payer problems, will also rebuild the Media Player data base without losing your music.

Like this post
krh

Likes # 0

thanks for all your help, i found an answer in Microsoft's Vista help page and it looks like this (if you ever need it)

For Windows Vista:

Click Start, All Programs->Accessories->Run, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player, and then click OK. 3. Select all the files in the folder, and then click Delete on the File menu.

Note You do not have to delete the folders that are in this folder. 4. Restart Windows Media Player.

Note Windows Media Player automatically rebuilds the database.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015