We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Annoyances in IE9

Housten

Likes # 0

Good afternoon,

I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit with IE9, and I am getting a bit annoyed with what I don’t know! When I click on the address bar in IE9 to go to a new site at the bottom of the list there are some icons – for bing, google, etc.. I know some people like these but I have no use for them and would like to get rid of these showing up permanently. Does anyone know if this is possible and how to do it, please? Also at the bottom of my screen – when I am in IE9 - a box appears wanting to activate an add-in. This box appears every time I click a new page to appear and I would like to be able to stop it. Does anyone know of a way?

Many thanks in advance to all who reply.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I can't help there, sorry. That font must be part of the program.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've found this, http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/18326/change-the-default-color-scheme-in-office-2010/ Changing the default colour scheme is the best I can come up with.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

rdave13,

Many thanks for all your help. I have Office professional 2003, so your tip did not work. I have lived with this irritation for some time, so I guess I will just have to carry on with it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more