We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Connecting female to female molex plugs

patricktbuckley

Likes # 0

Hi I have just bought an AKASA 5xUSB front bay for my computer. The problem is that it comes with a female molex plug. All the molex plugs from the PSU are female. How can I connect them? Thanks

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Male-Male adaptors/cables seem a bit thin on the ground.

How about two of these, cut and crimp or solder

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

http://www.delock.com/produkte/gruppen/zubehoer/DelockAdapter4pinMolexmale-male65044.html

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Something like this is all you need, Molex .

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Chronus

That looks perfect - well spotted!

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

onthelimit1

I have a box full of this type of thing,cables I used in my earlier builds I have very little in my builds these days that use a molex connection but I can remember being in a similar situation as patricktbuckley, so my first port of call whenever I needed some sort of conversion cable is Ebay.

Like this post
patricktbuckley

Likes # 0

Thanks to everybody for your suggestions. To my embarassment, the female molex on the Arcasa also has a male connector - what fooled me was that at the male end the cables seemed to be entering at the end. When I turned it over (having read a review on Amazon about the same 'problem'), the cables go into the bottom of the molex but very near the end. Thus, checking the end properly, I discovered a male connector. So, sorry for being such a plonker, and thanks to you all for your kindness. At least, I have been given two very good websites (1 on eBay + deLock)for future reference.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED