We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help me choose a Laptop

chub_tor

Likes # 0

1. The Compaq CQ56 models have been discontinued but you can get some good buys because of that.

2. The HP G6 Pavilion series is currently available from Amazon and you can read user reviews to help you pick a model in your price range.

3. the iPad2 is a great device, extremely portable but for taking notes it may not be the easiest unless you also carry around a bluetooth keyboard.

All the machines will be good for music, pictures, internet and some games. You should think more about size, weight, price and warranty rather than the specification for a machine with such simple tasks.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you can get any one of them for free then it comes down to 2. or 3.

Choose 2. if you want lots of storage space for pictures, video and music and you want the advantage of a built in DVD player and you don't care too much about portability.

Choose 3. if you want portability and will do your storage either on the web or on an external device.

That's the best advice I can offer.

Like this post
AlannaM

Likes # 0

I would go for an IPad 2. If u wanna carry it to uni everyday, its extremely portable. I think u will be satisfied ;)

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

Go for the iPad 2, HP is unpredictable at the moment to say the least...... in the boardroom !

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...