We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Buffalo Nfinity WHR G300N V2 Query

Demora

Likes # 0

Hi.

I have been given one of these http://www.buffalotech.com/products/wireless/wireless-n-routers-access-points/airstation-n300-wireless-router-whr-g300n/

After initial set up can I move this box for example into the lounge to give better Wifi.

The instructions aren't very clear to me. (Not really good with networking stuff)

I haven't taken it out of the box as yet.

TIA D

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Are you asking because you have a cable modem that has to be connected to it by ethernet cable to provide the broadband? If so then you will have to have the router connected to this modem.

If you are getting ADSL broadband through your phone line then the router will have to be connected to that via ethernet cable so as long as there is one in the lounge, and if that is where you want the router to be, then there should be no problem. Don't forget that if it is via your phone you will need to put an ADSL filter (should be one with the router) into the phone socket and then attach your router to this. If you have any other phone extensions in the house then they should also have a filter to prevent any interference.

I don't know your PC set up but the router will also allow you to attach by ethernet cable PC's that you do not wish to be wireless.

Hope this helps.

Theoretically you should be able to receive a good wifi signal throughout the house wherever you site the router.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK