We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New PC time!

yahwob

Likes # 0

Hi,

Time to buy a new PC is fast approaching!

I am looking at buying a HP P6-2029UK, which has 6gb of ram and a HD5450 graphics card. The PC I currently have has 4 gb of ram and a HD4670 card.

I really only use the PC for surfing the web, storing pictures and videos etc but I also play WOW a lot, I know, I know! I guess my question is will the new machine be able to play WOW to at least the same level as the current machine.

I can't seem to find any real comparrisons of the two cards against each other and the only ones i can find seem to indicate that even though it's three years old and was never a top notch card in the first place the 4670 seems to have better figures than the 5450, is this correct and will the extra 2gb of ram make a difference if this is the case.

As I say I know this isn't going to be a top gaming rig and i don't need it to be, as long as I can play WOW on it :)

Thanks guys

Like this post
jaraba

Likes # 0

You've also posted this in consumerwatch !!!

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Your old card will trounce the new one.The HD4670 will give you a good gaming experience at decent resolutions and fair settings. The HD5450 is not a gaming card at all.

Click here.

Like this post
yahwob

Likes # 0

Okay,

Anyone bought one of the new Zoostorm Pc's from Argos? Are they any good in general?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

No - but Zoostorm are a well respected supplier.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Anyone bought one of the new Zoostorm Pc's from Argos?

Can you post a link to any that you are interested in even the Argos item number will do.

Like this post
yahwob

Likes # 0

Ok here is one I'm looking at,

Zoostorm i5-2310 Quad Core, 8GB, 500GB, with Graphics Card.

•Great performance from cutting edge Core i5-2310 HD processor. •This system comes complete with Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, and Microsoft Office 2010 Starter which includes Starter versions of Microsoft Word and Excel. •Also enjoy the dedicated Nvidia GeForce GT520 graphics card with 1GB of DDR3 RAM and HDMI out to maximise that gaming or video performance. •It also features 8GB of RAM and 500GB hard drive and HDMI port. •This system comes complete with keyboard and mouse. •Intel Core i5-2310 quad core processor. •Processor speed 2.9GHz. •8GB DDR3 RAM. •500GB SATA hard drive. •DVD optical drives: Dual layer CD-RW, CD-RW, CD-ROM, DVD-RW, DVD-RW, DVD-ROM speed. •Dedicated graphics. •On-board graphics memory. •Nvidia GeForce GT 520 1GB DDR3. •6 USB ports. •Ethernet port. •Wired keyboard and mouse. •5.1 surround sound. •Microsoft Windows 7 Premium. •Includes: Microsoft Home and Office Starter, Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Anti-virus and security, Disc writing. •Size H36.5cm, W18cm, D4cm. •Weight 8.7kg. •Power saving facility. •EAN/Barcode 5055396003130. •Free delivery by post. This item will be delivered free, by post, usually in 5 working days (depending on your local

Does that sound okay?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Certainly better graphics card than your last choice. Overall a fair PC. Is this from Argos? If so what's the item number?

Like this post
yahwob

Likes # 0

018/495

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Yep,looks fine.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......