We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Fuji sound and wireless drivers for Win 7

weemacs

Likes # 0

I have upgrades a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleao P 320 from xp pro to win 7. Cannot find the sound or wireless drivers for win7. Don't know if it is supported. Wirelss card is not showing in device manager and sound not showing a problem although I have none. The wirelss card showed to be wlan 802.11 b/g D1705/D1706 Fuji Siemens before I upgraded. Have looked on their web site and cannot see any drivers for Win 7 for this model. Thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Download Driver Manager for you Fujitsu from here which will preform a scan of installed and missing drivers enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

Try this link to Fujitsu Siemens support

http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/download/Index.asp?LNG=COM

You do not need third party driver finding programs

normally the makers name of your computer followed by the word support will get you to an area where you can download their drivers free

Cheers HC

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

TOSH - the only reason for my offering that link to third party finding program was because weemacs had said "Have looked on their web site and cannot see any drivers for Win 7 for this model"

I would always recommend going to manufacturers website for drivers but in view of what he said I offered an alternative to see if it would get him up and running.

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

From the support site this machine appears to have two wireless card options I have excluded the first one in the list as the name contains a USB reference?, the second option seems to be a Creatix make if you follow this up it leads you to their support site where there is apparently a Vista driver version which will most likely work with Win7 on that PC

http://www.creatix.com/support/typ.php?tid=29&gid=13

If not follow up using the same method on the other makers site

Cheers HC

Like this post
weemacs

Likes # 0

Thanks Tosh had no luck with Creatix but I have found a driver Wlan802.11 b/g SiS163u that will get my wireless card going. Only problem is that where my belkin dongle gets full bars in strength the on board one get only two and if I take the dongle out it cannot find the network at all. I bought driver download and it cannot find any drivers for the hardware above XP. Anyone got any more idea. I know it can be hard wired but I would really like to work wirelessly as it is not mine and would like to hand it back the way it was. Ta

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Now you've got the card working try using Windows to update the driver via device manager.

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

Have you tried to install the XP drivers?, try it first use right click run as administator on the setup.exe, if that does not work then right click on setup.exe choose properties then the compatibility tab choose winxp from the drop down menu then try run as administrator

If none of this works you could maybe try using a pcmcia or a pcie slot wireless card most older xp laptops have these slots and they are a little less prone to getting damaged than usb dongles

If you are up to it you could also try replacing the old mini pci wireless card with a more modern one that has windows 7 or vista drivers available

Cheers HC

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite