We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Explorer Shrunk Screen

amatlancer

Likes # 0

I accidentally hit either Alt, Ctrl, or the Windows Start (Alt Option) button with a combination of other letter or key and my browser picture shrunk in size. What exactly did I hit and how do I reset my internet screen back to its normal state?

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

you havent said what system you use but generally one opens a window then drags it to fit then close with alt f4 when reopening should be ok

johnny

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Will the Restore up, next to the red X work.

Like this post
amatlancer

Likes # 0

I'm using Internet Explorer 8 and running Windows XP.

Like this post
amatlancer

Likes # 0

to be even more exact, my fonts and info on a web page shrank. to go further, on a typical login screen that sits in the middle of a webpage, to be more precise this one: http://idp.mrmls.safemls.net/idp/Authn/UserPassword

the screen wont let me see the dialog box to type in my password or even see what im typing. i have to hit tab to type it in but cant see it or click in it. a scroll bar is there to scroll left to right.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not much help but if you have a scroll wheel on your mouse hold down your Ctrl button and turn the mouse wheel.See if that helps a little.

Not sure how you get rid of the other browser though.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is from the way you describe it - but if fonts in a browser window have suddenly become very small, it sounds like you may have hit Control and - (minus). To restore them, just hit Control and + till they're the size you want them to be.

Like this post
amatlancer

Likes # 0

TO "Ian in Northampton"- Thank you so much, your recommendation worked.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Another happy ending... :-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...