We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

acer laptop wont power up

//adz_w///

Likes # 0

hi, my old acer aspire 5735 wont boot its plugged into the mains when i press the power button it will start then power off then start up again power off and do nothing nothing comes up on the screen

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

1. Turn off the computer,
  2. Take the battery out
  3. Take out the power supply
  4. Push the power button down for 30 seconds.
  5. Reconnect power supply

try on mains only if boots OK then refit battery and try a reboot with the battery fitted.

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

i know this sounds stupid but how do i disconnect the power supply on a laptop ive done it before on a normal computer but not on a laptop sorry about this

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Power cable from the main going into the laptop,When you log off just pull the plug out of the laptop.

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

ooh i thought you meant the disconnect the inside cable not the one form the AC adaptor my bad

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

fixed it thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\ and buteman

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...