We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Glary Utilities Pro 2.41 free for 24 hours

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Glary Utilities Pro 2.41 free for 24 hours for those that use that type of thing.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Like this post  
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

buteman

whats your opinion of glary, i have not used it since it was first released a few years ago

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Yes it's Ok I had it on my other computer but l lost it when I had to reformat.

Can't remember what I replaced it with but have Tune Up utilities on this one.

Can't complain with that price.I think it is supposed to be one of the best,But check with customer reviews for it.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thank you

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 1

Out of interest I ran Glary this morning to see if it was safe: I had done a full C:\ image last night so any issues were easily solvable.

There were 3 things I thought could be a problem, the first was the registry cleaner, I have used registry cleaners in the past & have come to the conclusion from bitter experience they cause more harm than good. The Glary cleaner found over 2700 entries problems on a windows 7 PC that works perfectly, boots fast & has no issues.

I did clean the entries & found that all Office 2010 customisations were gone, plus the icon distances on the desk were different, there could be other problems too?

The uninstaller shows things which are usually hidden & for good reason, you could really mess things up fiddling in there. The duplicate file scanner is downright dangerous & could cause programs by losing shared .dll files etc.- best left well alone.

The cleaner still has nothing like the support CCleaner gives.

I imaged back afterward & came to the conclusion you are just as well running CClenaer & if you use that program to clean the registry at least turn ActiveX off.

If you have the knowledge to use the Glary modules you don't need it & if you don't have the knowledge its best left alone.

If you are new to PC's you could cause (I think) problems you cannot sort unless you have images of your windows install or a reinstall or repair. Some problems with the registry may not come to light until for some time, you find your control panel does not work properly or similar.

You are far better IMHO enabling GOD mode than using Glary.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback