We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mini dv

swanny2

Likes # 0

A friend bought me one of these camera/video things. Mini DV i opened in put the small disc that came with it for the driver/manual extra,but hallf way through i noticed it was all in Chinese.
then cancelled Instalation .took the disc out.now its still in my programes but its not in add/remove,yet it keeps popping up somewhere. Id like too know if i can get a disc for this thats in English,why its in japanese ive no idea but its no good too me lol. any help appreciated please .thanks :O)

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Is this Click here it?

if not, more in this Click here scroll to the bottom.

Like this post
swanny2

Likes # 0

Yes that the one mate on your 1st link. as it says no Brand and doesnt give details on how uese it.thanks anyway :O)

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I would get in touch with the company in the first link and see if they can be any help.

REP to Lazarus The 2nd for finding the thing.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

OOps,you dont do REP here.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It says "It records both audio and video in AVI files and saves them to a micro SD card"

I'd be inclined to ignore any software on the disc, I don't reckon you need it. You should be able to put the micro SD card into your card reader on pc and copy the .avi files to your pc without any extra program.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I would suggest using a program like REVO

http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

to completly uninstall the program from your computer, reboot and try to reinstall it again, being careful to select the right language.

Terry

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Reload the Disc, let it fully load.there should then be an entry in Add Remove Programs or in the Programs on your desktop there may be an uninstall button. You may need to change Language after or during install

Like this post
swanny2

Likes # 0

Thanks Whats a card reader on your Pc? Iinstalled the driver/software disc then went too add/remove and deleted it,but there is no option too change the language on the software as its all in chinesee,i had too guess what i was pressing too load it.it did download the real player on it tho. i dont hav e a Card for the camera neever came with 1,also im not sure what card i would need for it,becuase then i could order one of ebay,put it in n see what happens then,see if it goes straight too Picassa i use. if i take a pic on my normal cameral when i put the usb into pc,it then opens picassa then i import the files that are on my camera,then they go too my pics. cheers but still stuck would appreciate too know what sd card i need. thankyou. :O)

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Most are SD cards but take it to a camera shop or Maplins for them to check

Like this post
swanny2

Likes # 0

not usre wether too buy a card though,if i cant get intructions and a driver for this thind,i be wasteing money i think. cheers anyway.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?