We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mini dv

swanny2

Likes # 0

A friend bought me one of these camera/video things. Mini DV i opened in put the small disc that came with it for the driver/manual extra,but hallf way through i noticed it was all in Chinese.
then cancelled Instalation .took the disc out.now its still in my programes but its not in add/remove,yet it keeps popping up somewhere. Id like too know if i can get a disc for this thats in English,why its in japanese ive no idea but its no good too me lol. any help appreciated please .thanks :O)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

The specs say:

i. "Maximum capacity of 8GB with micro SD card (not included)"

ii. "Charges via USB connection (cable included, USB 1.1, 2.0)"

For i. You need a micro SD card and adapter to put it in (the adapter makes it fit into the ordinary sized SD slot on your pc)

First you have to look at your pc and see what slots it has for reading cards.

It will look something like this ClickHere that one has a slot for a micro SD so no adapter is needed.

OR for ii. you may find that the usb connecter will show the mini dv as a 'mass storage device' and you can transfer contents the same way you are now doing with your other camera.

Either way you will have to purchase a micro SD card to put into the mini dv

Like this post
swanny2

Likes # 0

cheers Sotvic but i dont have a slot for that only slot is for a floppy disc. i will purchase a micro sd card then hopefully when iconnect the camera via usb it might pick something up. i just tryed putting the usb in camera then pc,the pc made a couple of bleeps but nothing came up.found new hardware or nothing like that thanks again , i will plod on .lol :O)

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Bottom one as both adapter and 2gig card

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"pc made a couple of bleeps but nothing came up.found new hardware or nothing like that"

that's prob because there was nothing for it to find as no micro SD card memory was in the mini dv. Although it would of course still be charging the battery on it.

Like this post
swanny2

Likes # 0

Thanks Guys i will have too order one of these cards,i understand what an Adaptor is now :O). . yes it is charging when in usb.like u say hopefully might pick something up when i get this card. thanks again n i will keep u posted. :O)

Like this post
swanny2

Likes # 0

Still awaiting delivery of my card.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

it needs the card in and needs switching on for pc to see it, watch camera screen when you switch it on as you will need to change to removable drive or data drive or some such

Like this post
swanny2

Likes # 0

Cheers,but there is no screen on the camera mate.

Like this post
swanny2

Likes # 0

ive finally recieved the card,i inserted it,pressed a button and it started too record.i then popped the usb lead in ,and opened my Pcassa,imported the video of the camera,and all seems ok..As for the mode option on the cameraive no idea what it does,all i know now is i can film something and watxh it back on my pc. cheers :O)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...