We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HP PSC 2355 all in one

Likes # 0

Hi all here we go again help reqd...... Can i just use black ink in my HP PSC 2355 all in one,as you know it has two cartridges one colour and one black,the colour has run out, and the black is nearly out,and as i dont do any colour work,i was wondering if i could just buy a black refill and leave the colour empty.

Cheers All ,;-))

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Not sure about your particular model, but most printers work on a 'how much ink' device. When a cartridge is nearly empty or empty there will be a warning message or symbol, at that point the printer might stop working.

If as you say, you don't use the colour, then just leave the colour cartridge in-situ. But the printer might do a 'cleaning' process, which will use up some ink from both or either one of the cartridges.

Why not run the printer to a empty cartridge, and see what happens. Or alternatively buy compatible cartridges or fill your own?.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Some information here that may answer you query enter link description here

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 1

HP tend to be quite bad about putting up an error message or, as in my case, a flashing light notifying me of low ink. There is plenty of ink left. I tend to wait till the print gets a bit faded then I'll renew the ink cartridge.

You should also find in the setting menu the ability to print just in black.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Cheers fellas Top answers as always ,;-))

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...