We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

help with ahci and sata

iqs

Likes # 0

gigabyte mb ga-z68ap-d3

Hi, Originally my mb was set to ide for the sata hdd.I had already installed w7,and edited the registry to allow ahci to be changed in the bios I rebooted the PC,then changed the pch sata controller mode to ahci

There was a problem with the OS not being detected,then the OS booted. Both HDD are detected .

Problem, When the PC boots,the post/bios screen states the following,have I done something wrong ???

Serial ata sata version iSRC 1.20 E

This version only supports HDD and cdrom drives Please wait this will take a few seconds

Then it list the ports and what device is attached.

Is this normal??

Please any help is appreciated

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

This is quite spooky,I have just swapped my Asus P67 mobo for a Gigabyte P67 mobo, for no other reason I won it so I thought I would see if it was any better than the Asus. I had the exact same problem as you and it took a bios update to sort it. From the original F1 to the latest F3. The problem has gone.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

The "* This version supports only Hard Disk and CDROM drives * Please wait. This will take few seconds. " message shows while the ICH is doing drive discovery, and checking whether any drives are assigned to RAID pairs; this is normal...

If you do not have raid or any ide drives attached then set to disabled

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Thanks for th help Can I ask what is the ich,and what setting is it under in the bios please. I have 4 sat devices,no raid or IDE devices . Thank you

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I think Fruit meant to put ACHI.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I/O Controller Hub, an Intel Southbridge technology.

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Thanks,the only option which deals with raid is extreme hard drive xhd,which is disabled

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia