We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Direct Hits

vassos

Likes # 0

A regular forum which use, sometimes several times every day, is now failing to open - blank page. The only thing I can unearth is a notice telling me that I have had too many "direst hits".. In my ignorance I know nothing about this. What can I do? Is it a problem with my PC (I use Google Chrome) or is it the site itself which is likely to be the issue?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Have you tried anothersearchengine, IE or Firefox to see if you still have the problem?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Oh for an edit button. Another search engine instead of what I have put.

Like this post
Ibanez2010

Likes # 0

Could be the site itself. Or try clearing cookies related to the site.

Like this post
vassos

Likes # 0

I had IE & Firefox completely removed from my PC not long ago and really don't wish to put them back. It seemed to me from the message t]I received about too many hits that they were suggesting cookie clearing. Fine if only I knew how to do it!

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I was going to suggest that some websites only allow so many hits, before you might need to register to them. But as you say, you use the website on a regular basis, with no past problems!.

To clear out cookies and other maintenance aids, download and use the free version of CCleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Like this post
vassos

Likes # 0

Thanks all for your help and to Spuds for the cookies cleaning info. The problem is not mine. The site has gone down for some reason. Time will tell why.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more