We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Aulto Play XP Pro

Nigel321

Likes # 0

Hi I downloded a software programme from a major world company but did-not make a restore point before the down load to clean my register following the downloas I have lost my Aulto Play for DVD and Card Readet.I now have to go to computer and click the DVD drive to start the DVD and it will only go and operate via Media Player...this is the same with my usb picture card ..to operate I have to go the computer and click the card F drive. The software company have not been able to fix the problem after three days...i have now seen people with the same problem on the internet asking for assistance, are you able to offer any assistance or will I have to clean my HD and reload the OS system. Nigel

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Autorun does not work in XP, here's a fix:

Run Regedit Go to HKEYCURRENTUSER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\Explorer. Delete the Key "NoDriveTypeAutoRun" Reboot the Computer.

and a couple more things to try

Autoplay Repair Wizard http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c680a7b6-e8fa-45c4-a171-1b389cfacdad&DisplayLang=en

Autoplay disable/enable 1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER. 2. Locate and click the following registry key: HKEYLOCALMACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom 3. To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero). To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1. 4. Restart your computer.

Like this post
Nigel321

Likes # 0

Hi Fruit Bat. Thank you for your assistance ...will check all three out on return from travelling regards N.....

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK