We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Anyone tried Firefox 10?

Muergo
Resolved

Likes # 0

Firefox 10 is now up to Beta 5 and I was thinking of switching as FF9 keeps crashing and autorestarting, a problem I had with FF7.

Strangely I'm having the same trouble with Internet Explorer, the PC is very clean, all the security has been run and Secunia gives 100%.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If it is this one you mean Firefox 10 Aurora,I tried it but got fed up with the constant updates and went back to the 9.0.1 version.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Update doesn't say anything about Aurora. Just listed as 10 Beta 5, from what I see of previous issues they seem to get up to Beta6 and then get launched as a full update.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok.looks like it may have been a different version of Firefox that I was using so cannot comment on the beta version although it looks Ok with better protection against nasties.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

FF isn't that unstable & should not keep crashing, I run a derivative of FF 9.01 - Pale Moon & in weeks of running it I can't remember it ever crashing.

The fact that IE does the same thing would seem to point to issues in your install. Have you run a scan with the free version of Malwarebytes Malwarebytes Site on checking others PC's I often find this anti-malware program often finds problems that eludes other AV's.

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

I have been running FF10 throughout its program of beta releases on my test laptop. Absolutely no problems whatsoever.

I initially installed it to keep a check on the compatibility of by add-ons and thus far all are working - with the exception of the Evernote Web Clipper which is always the last to catch up.

Like this post  
Salut

Likes # 0

I switch to FF about a year ago and keep up to date with the Beta releases. safe to say absolutely no problems. I used to use Opera but gave up...

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Right OK will switch to FF10 Beta 5 as Firefox 9.01 still going through fading misty screen saying "Firefox is not responding". Maybe it's one of my addons but then it wouldn't happen with I.E. as well, alternatively I might have too many windows open.

Can't possibly be a bug as all zappers have been run , Malwarebytes, SAS etc in addition to Windows7 security essentials and checked with ASC. All show nil result apart from Ad cookies which are deleted regularly.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Today it has jumped to FF beta 6 so must be nearly there, I have downloaded it, looks a bit smarter than before, no problems with any of my add ons.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

I have been running the version 10 betas without any problems at all.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow