We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SKYPE on ARCHOS G9 101 - should it work ?

Furkin

Likes # 0

Hi all, My Son is going down-under for a few months. Instead of carrying his lap-top to keep in touch - via skype - he bought the Archos tablet.

Unfortunately, he can't seem to get a version of skype to work properly on it, although It works fine on his laptop.

1) Is there a specific version of skype for these tablets ? 2) If not, is there another program that he can use on the Archos, that will connect to his Skype family ? 3) If not, is there another program that can take the place of skype ?

thanks for reading

F

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Don't know a lot about the Archos G9-101 but you will need SKYPE for Android - see here enter link description here

Click on the Get Skype Tab and choose Android.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

OR just noticed - you can download from the first page.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There is also a Android App. Download here enter link description here

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

You can download and install Skype from the Android Marketplace most of the older android versions support Skype audio but not video so far

Cheers HC

Like this post
Furkin

Likes # 0

Thanks guys - have passed the info on to my Son.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert