We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where to get replacement laptop battery

philmurg

Likes # 0

Need a new laptop battery for my Dell Inspiron laptop looked on Google and most of the "shops" on there look as if they are based in China and im concerned about buying a crappy fake one

Can anyone recommend a good UK Based shop/supplier who doesnt charge Dell Prices

Thanks

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Try the laptopshop.co.uk although I haven't personally used them.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

I share your concerns - but never forget, most batteries are made in China. It's very likely Dell branded ones are made there. If you buy from a reputable-looking outlet in the UK, chances are that the battery you get will have been made in China. At the end of the day, there is always a risk in buying a non-Dell (for example) branded battery - but you pay a huge premium for 'the real thing', as I'm sure you know. FWIW, I've bought several cheap 'off brand' laptop/netbook batteries and been lucky - but I'm sure others have had bad experiences.

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

I have bought quite a lot of Dell laptop replacement batteries from Amazon UK If you like check in the feedback section you can read reports by other buyers before you decide on which source to use

Cheers HC

Like this post
Dirty Dick

Likes # 0

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

A company that I used was http://www.eurobatteries.co. but they do not seem to stock laptop batteries any more. Plenty of others though!.

But what as already been stated, most batteries now originate from China or in the same area, and in the main possibly from the same production line of some of the major battery manufacturer's, as re-branded versions for well known named clients.

The idea of checking reviews might resolve any issues regarding reliability of supplier and product!.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

The link should have been http://www.eurobatteries.com

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Have you looked on Amazon?

Like this post
Ibanez2010

Likes # 0

I've had success buying new batteries/power supplies on ebay. Prices were good. Just check that it comes from UK.

Like this post
tallonius

Likes # 0

**Replacement laptop battery - avoid www.pcbattery.co.uk !!**

Watch out for this company - they won't honor the warranty.

I bought a replacement battery for a Dell M1210 which had a 24 month warranty.

After 15 months of increasingly poor performance it wont hold a charge, but when I asked them to replace it, they refused saying it was over 12 months old.

When I pointed out their warranty was clearly and prominently displayed as 24 months they refused to respond but their website still continues to state a 24 months warranty.

This is clearly a scam - very dodgy company.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Not tried them but worth a look, http://www.batteries4less.co.uk/

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014