We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

can't get my pc case open (pics)

greenbean5

Likes # 0

hi all. new to this forum.

i'm currently on day three - trying to get my pc to work. the os is up and running (98se)

but i don't know what make the graphics card is... so i haven't been able to get the right drivers..

i also can't get on the internet as i don't have drivers for the ethernet.

so i've been left with trying to get a visual confirmation of the graphics card or if intergrated - the motherboard..? but this thing is the fort knox of computers.. could someone please explain how to open it?

this is on the left side:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74930785@N03/6743084387/in/photostream

this 'lock' is also on the left side http://www.flickr.com/photos/74930785@N03/6743084405/in/photostream

here's the lower back of the computer http://www.flickr.com/photos/74930785@N03/6743084517/in/photostream

and the upper back http://www.flickr.com/photos/74930785@N03/6743084435/in/photostream

i'm really doing my nut in over this.. : all i want to do is play warhammer 40k: chaos gate. ;-( i'm now 60 pounds down... - three times what i payed for it 14 years ago hehehhe

much thanks Green

Like this post
greenbean5

Likes # 0

i believe it is ;-)

thanks.

i clicked on the drivers tab under g450 pci (on the left)
and theres a whole bunch of drivers??

Graphics Cards (Add-in boards) : Graphics eXpansion Modules (GXM) :Extension: Medical Imaging
e.t.c

i'm guessing i want:> Graphics Cards (Add-in boards) >G450 MMS Series > G450x2 MMS or G450x4 MMS

thanks a million. > i mustve spent 40 odd hours now on this.. the helps been SO welcome. :-)

BX

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I have now reached a stage where I have not got a clue,a fair few choices there.

Have you pulled the card and if so is there no other clue as to it's exact model?

Like this post
greenbean5

Likes # 0

heheh..

i haven't taken the card out... but there doesn't seem to be much info on it..

a couple of barcodes / couple rows of numbers on the green metal itself. what would i be looking for.?
+ i thought we had found the exact model? :g450 pci

--

if i download all the drivers on that page... transfer them across to the pc. will one of them work? i don't mind trial and error..

thanks Chronus

Like this post
badhair1963

Likes # 0

Have a look here and see if you can find the correct driver

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I think I would try the MMS series drivers first,see how you go.

Like this post
greenbean5

Likes # 0

oh dear.: it appears they don't support windows 98 with this card..

bugger.

well thanks all very much for your help.
boyyy.

greenbean5

Like this post
greenbean5

Likes # 0

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

You should try Driver Max It scans your pc and lists available driver updates. The free version gives you 2 downloads per day.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Yes that looks good, go for it. A question though,if you don't mind? Why are you spending so much time and effort on what is, I think you'll agree, something of a dinosaur in computer technology?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 release date, new features and compatibility: Free to download from 6pm

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?